Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Galloway Exposes US Senate

Actually, he absolutely creams them. See it here (via Crooks and liars). Read about it here. Full transcript here (via americasedition.org).

If only the US Democrats had the backbone of this Scottish anti-war, former New Laborite, British MP. Here's what he said, before his testimony, to Christopher Hitchens: "You're a drink-soaked former Trotskyist popinjay. Your hands are shaking. You badly need another drink." Here's what he said to Sen. Norm Coleman (R, MN): "I know that standards have slipped in Washington in recent years, but for a lawyer, you're remarkably cavalier with any idea of justice. I'm here today, but last week you already found me guilty. You traduced my name around the world without ever having asked me a single question." Here's what he said about Donald Rumsfeld: "I met Saddam Hussein exactly the same number of times as Donald Rumsfeld met him. The difference is that Donald Rumsfeld met him to sell him guns, and to give him maps the better to target those guns."

Who says truth can't be entertaining?

No comments: