Monday, September 15, 2008

Be frightened Part 2





This is the Palin/Clinton skit from Saturday Night Live. I posted it because I thought it's pretty damn funny, but also because Tina Fey's impression of Gov. Sarah Palin is scarily accurate. Yes, there were some silly moments, but much of what was said is not far from what we've heard Palin say in some way, shape or form. In response to Amy Poehler's (who was playing Sen. Hillary Clinton) statement about diplomacy being a cornerstone of foreign policy, Fey said, "I can see Russia from my house." Palin told Charlie Gibson that "[Russia is] our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska." Poehler said she's opposed to the Bush Doctrine, and Fey said "I don't know what that is." It was clear in watching the Gibson interview that Palin didn't know what the Bush Doctrine is.

What scares me is that Palin, a candidate for vice president of the United States, can be parodied, and yet the parody is quite close to the truth. Do the American people really want a joke for a vice president?

No comments: