Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Incredible Racist Stupidity From the Right

Debbie Schlussel, according to her website bio, is a "Conservative political commentator, radio talk show host, columnist, and attorney." What her bio doesn't tell you is that she is an idiot.
...I decided to look further into Obama's background. His full name--as by now you have probably heard--is Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. Hussein is a Muslim name, which comes from the name of Ali's son--Hussein Ibn Ali. And Obama is named after his late Kenyan father, the late Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., apparently a Muslim.
You with me so far?
And while Obama may not identify as a Muslim, that's not how the Arab and Muslim Streets see it. In Arab culture and under Islamic law, if your father is a Muslim, so are you. And once a Muslim, always a Muslim. You cannot go back. In Islamic eyes, Obama is certainly a Muslim. He may think he's a Christian, but they do not.
Follow the logic....right over the cliff.
So, even if he identifies strongly as a Christian, and even if he despised the behavior of his father (as Obama said on Oprah); is a man who Muslims think is a Muslim, who feels some sort of psychological need to prove himself to his absent Muslim father, and who is now moving in the direction of his father's heritage, a man we want as President when we are fighting the war of our lives against Islam? Where will his loyalties be?
And where are your loyalties, Barbie....uh, Debbie? Certainly not with any American values I can identify.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I cannot believe that when she re-read that she didn't think maybe, just maybe that was an idiotic meaningless statement.

Dr. Fallon, I was looking up some facts to comment on a blog that an 18 year-old boy from back home rants on and on about the administration and war in Iraq with no clear facts and thought of you and your blog. So I thought I'd check it out again, because I did enjoy the debates from our Media Criticism Class. I hope you are doing well.

Happy New Year

Jessica Martin

Peter K Fallon, Ph.D. said...

"I was looking up some facts to comment on a blog that an 18 year-old boy from back home rants on and on about the administration and war in Iraq with no clear facts and thought of you and your blog."

Um -- er -- thank you Jessica... I think.

Anyhow, good to hear from you and I hope all is well. Peace,
--PKF