Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Missiles Deployed for Inauguration

Missiles deployed for inauguration - The Washington Times

Now, I ask you: is it just me? Am I really reading this headline? And am I the only person who is astounded by this? NORAD placing anti-aircraft missiles around Washington DC in anticipation of the Bush inauguration?

Of course, I know, we were attacked three years ago by terrorists. But we were attacked over eleven years ago by terrorists, and if I'm not mistaken we did not deploy ballistic missiles in our nation's capitol. I may be wrong about this, and if I am, please correct me.

And, yes, I know, al Qa'ida would like to attack us again (and again, and again). But I can't help wonder whether we would be so vulnerable to attack (or feel so vulnerable at any rate) if we hadn't created another free-zone for terrorists in Iraq, and created further conditions for their recruitment and on-the-job training.

But maybe it's just me....

No comments: