Saturday, October 01, 2005

National Enquirer : BUSH'S BOOZE CRISIS

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Yeah, yeah....I know...it's the Enquirer, for the love of Pete.

I have resisted posting this for the last ten days. It's old news at this point, if it is true at all. I begrudge no man a drink, if he is human. And I figure, so what the hell if he's drinking again--could he govern the country ANY WORSE THAN HE IS NOW? So I know--this is a story that's not worthy of any serious consideration.

And yet...there's something so right about posting this, do you know what I mean? It's kind of poetic justice, kharma, you know? What goes around, comes around. I don't even care that it's not true. And, no I don't think it is probably true.

It's just after the last two decades of the GOP trying to get revenge for Watergate (as though that was not something entirely the responsibility of Richard Nixon), allowing--NAY, encouraging a witchhunt against a decent but flawed man and a decent President, there's a sort of symmetry in seeing this, an ecological balance that feels satisfying.

I pray for the day when all this sort of "journalism" disappears. But in the meantime, I confess I'm having a bit of a chuckle...

No comments: