Monday, May 30, 2005

A Comment From A North Korean Blogger, and My Response

Songun Blog: US Imperialists Double-faced Nature Revealed

I got the following comment on my story Watch North Korea:
Banner Of Songun said...My friend, it's the Korean Workers Party, not the Korean Communist Party.Nice site of you. I will add it to my links.Manse!-- Banner Of Songun

Which was fine and appreciated. Then I followed Banner's link back to his blog's homepage and felt compelled to make the following statement:
Dr. Fallon said...
Banner (and anyone else reading this)--After looking at your blog, Songun blog ("Single-mindedly united as one under the Banner of Songun held aloft by the Dear Leader Comrade Generalissimo Kim Jong Il, brilliant statesman, political genius, and invincible military commander"), I think that in the interests of "truth in advertising" I need to explain something.I don't like Kim Jong Il. Everything I read about him tells me that he is a megalomaniacal despot who cares more for amassing personal and political power than he does for the good of his people--for YOU. I wouldn't be at all upset if "Dear Leader" fell off the face of the earth and was never heard from again.My loathing of George W. Bush, his administration, his cynical use of the radical evangelical "christian" movement to hold onto power, his dependence on the near-fascist Project for a New American Century for ideas and functionaires, and his radical agenda should not be construed to be an endorsement of a tyrant like Kim Jong Il.Just thought you should know. You may leave your link to IN THE DARK or remove it as you choose.

No comments: